Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

Foster care update and a whole lot of other stuff...

Where do we begin??????

We'll start off with the foster care part. We are finished with all of our homestudies and are waiting on the social worker to finish the report and submit it to DHS for approval. After that we will have our last home visit and then we will be OPEN! I can't wait. Well actually I can. I'll be leaving with the youth on June 30th for a week and we decided that it would be best for all parties involved (me, Brandon, those we love) to not have a child in the home during my absence. I mean really Brandon at home with a baby all alone????? Hilarious! The baby/toddler room is ready for the most part, several of our friends have donated high chairs, bouncers, pack and plays, pacies and clothes!! I just need a baby to fill it!



We have recently come across a new set of friends that we just adore. Jessica, Don and Addie Claire have been our neighbors for about 4 years now and it was just recently that we met beyond the bushes. Once we finally realized that Jessica, Don and I went to JA Fair together and had a lot of the same friends AND she worked with my cousin Laura at Mabelvale Elementary we became instant friends. Now you can find the five of us (plus kitty) walking the neighborhood or hanging out at each others houses on a daily basis. We are so blessed to have this family as neighbors.

With church, personal training, cakes and just life going on we've been so busy. It seems like life just takes on a mind of its own these days.

You guys have a great week and I should be back for more updates soon.

Love you all!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Well, you are most fabulous Paigey-Poo and We are so blessed to have you guys in our lives! You and B are so great to us! Now, since we are the only sane ones on the block, we must stay, defend, and plan Christmas Decorating Contests!
LOVE

Leslie said...

First off, that room is SO SO cute!
I love your style.
Secondly, good luck with the foster care. I know you'll be a great mom.

Crystal said...

Good Luck with everything, you guys are in our prayers! The room looks great! :)

alisha herring said...

Can not wait to see you guys bring in a sweet baby to church. You will be great parents!

Jesse and Laura Pounders said...

The room looks great!!

Jodee said...

Adorable nursery!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...