Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thankfulness

Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God, and keep the vows you made to the Most High. Then call on me when you are in trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give me glory. - Psalm 50:14-15

It's thanksgiving next week and as I was reading over this verse this morning it stopped me in my tracks. I looked back on the last year and thought about my thankfulness to God and I was greatly disturbed. I had forgotten to thank Him for EVERYTHING. Oh yes, I thanked God for the meal, for the house, for our family and friends and for even forgiveness but not for the trials and struggles that we faced. The craziest part is that I still expected Him to come and rescue me He did in fact rescue me but even still I am just now getting around to the thanking part. Why? Was i too caught up in the me part? Yes, I think I was. This next year I pray that I thank Him more. Thank Him for everything the big things, small things and hard things. Just praise Him more.

Thank you Father for loving me unconditionally. For never letting me go. I praise you for knowing my needs and fulfilling them regardless of my heart. Thank you for giving me hope and new mercies each morning. Thank you for carrying me through the struggles and for allowing me to see the truth in each trial. Thank you for bringing Godly men and women into my life to show me my faults and to pray for me and with me. I praise you for your peace that you have so freely given to me. I thank you for this renewed longing to be closer to you. To be more than a follower of Christ but to be a lover of Christ. Thank you for loving me despite all my faults, fears and failures. I love you. Amen.

3 comments:

Rachel Cox said...

AMEN!!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

please don't think me nuts, I saw your comment on the LPM blog regarding the scripture in Luke that Beth left today. I totally understand what you are going through with infertitilty b/c I walk the same road. Anyway, I don't mean to freak you out but just wanted to let you know that there are people out there who fully understand what you are feeling. Praying God's blessings for you too! Susan

Shelley said...

I'll be thankful to see some NYC pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...