I'm sitting here watching the wind blow through the trees and it's a little strange. For the first time in a long time I find comfort there. You see after the funeral yesterday and all of the testimonies of Jill's life and her deep longing to learn more about her Savior I find myself wondering where my life has gone.
I'm a good person, I work with our youth at church, I lead our girl's youth ministry, I've led people to the Lord but in the BIG scheme of things I'm still thinking that I can do more. Not just in the extraordinary things but in the everyday things.
I have been challenged beyond belief to live out this thing I call Christianity. To do more than read over my Bible study to actually DIVE into the word and stay there a while. To live fully in the truths of scripture.
Adam said it best yesterday when he said, "what would Jill want us to do with all of this". To pick up your Bible and do more than before. To pour your life into someone else. To pray for your spouse and reconnect with them, to love them. To pray for the unreached countries of the world. To love your children. To worship your God in all things and at all times.
The Attebery's have so much to lean on because of their faith. There will be many trying days ahead but after listening to and reading the things of Jill I have no doubt that they will be fine. She was an amazing woman and I am honored to have known her and call her friend. Thank you Jill for pouring out your love to me over the years.
Keep praying for Scott, Bryce and the rest of their family and friends. The future holds so much for this precious family.
2 comments:
wow... what moving words Paige.
very well written! it expresses things that I've thought and even said, but no one seems to understand! thank you!
Post a Comment