Pages

Monday, July 28, 2008

Buffalo River with the Brumley's

We had a family vacation this weekend to the Buffalo River and had the best time! We stayed in the Bear Creek Cabins right outside of Marshall. The cabins were absolutely wonderful! Old log cabins with screened in back porches sitting atop a hill overlooking the valley. We joked several times about our little house on the prairie. The only difference was the modern conveniences of a/c, internet and satellite. We floated the Buffalo on Friday and had a great time. It was definitely a family affair trying to get down the river without killing each other with the oars. I don't know who was worse Phil and Brandon or the wives and the spouses. Brandon and I went cliff diving on Saturday. It was so much fun!

On Saturday night we watched a storm come in from Harrison. It was so amazing to watch. The lightening flashes were so much better than what you can see in the city. I loved watching the clouds roll in off the mountains. I stayed out there for the rain and the wind to come through. I loved listening to the rain on the tin roof. It was awesome!

Thank you Phil and Sarah for giving us a GREAT weekend getaway!The cabin from the front.

The view from the back porch.
The girls enjoying some books.

The back porch again.

The view from the loft.

The boys played cards all weekend.

The cabin from the valley.

The cows roamed all over the place. We woke up one morning and the cows had licked all the mirrors on the trucks. Not sure why but they did. Phil and Sarah saw a roadrunner one morning on the front porch. It was so peaceful.

The road to get in and out had washed out on Wednesday so we had to go over this makeshift bridge. I was terrified. Brandon wanted to stop each time to look for crawdads and i just wanted to get through it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome time. I can't believe you got to go clif diving! Yay! So glad you're having a great summer. I'll try to get better at keeping up with my emails!
~MrsHK!

Jared said...

Looks nice, but how does it match up with Shepherd of the Ozarks?

How's things, by the way?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...