So last Monday was the family planning session. B's mom, the lawyers, caseworkers, CASA peeps EVERYONE!
It was good. Basically, the mom has 12 months to get her act together and they are still waiting on the paternity test for the grandmother and another cousin to apply for a homestudy. They aren't moving too terribly fast. Mom has a psych eval on Nov 18 that they are trying to push sooner. She has no chance of being with him until she passes the eval. They would like to do a family foster home so that mom and Baby B can be together.
She is your typical teenager. I could see her fitting well into our youth group. Every time I meet a family I am always taken over with emotions by the Holy Spirit. It's like each time He tells me that these are His people and I am His hands and feet. I sat there watching her interact with him almost like he was a puppy. No one in the room helped her work with him. It's like they are there to watch her fail. They watch her to see her interaction but aren't willing to guide her. I understand why, but it's hard to know that one day she could be with him and other than her parenting classes will have no experience. She needs guidance!
She is a lost and hopeless child in the system. I know what she did was wrong but who am I to judge her. It's not my place. It's only by the grace of God that it's not me in her shoes. She lives in a hopeless situation with no one to help her. Her own grandmother can't afford to take care of her so they are living with someone else now. It's a sad situation. Amanda took some pictures of him a couple of weeks ago and I contemplated all week as to whether I should give some to her but I didn't want to give her anything else to make her want him more so I left them in the car. When we were leaving she asked if she could give me money to get his picture taken at walmart and send them with him next week to visitation. I ended up giving them to her and then I realized that we were called to be His hands and feet to ALL not just the ones we think deserve it. So for now I pray to grace that is not mine to be rationed out but is His to be shown to all.
B is doing so good! Other than his cold he is a happy, fun little dude! He is sitting up on his own and eating the mess out of his veggies! I love listening to him laugh. Brandon always gets him going in the morning and it's so funny. We LOVE spending time with him.
Thank you all for your prayers. Each week is another blessing and always a glimpse of into the heart of the one who has raised me from the grave.
7 comments:
Paige - that brought tears to my eyes! I will be praying for you guys!
What a blessing you've already been to this precious child and how much love you've already shown is simply a work of God alone! I will continue to pray for you guys as you continue in this journey.
I didn't even realize you had been posting b/c it wasn't updating on my side bar thing! Anywho -- he is such a doll!! Praying for you guys as you continue forward in the process. Love you and miss you!!
Oh, Paige, what a cutie. I am praying for God's will in this. You and Brandon are amazing people...God will honor you. WOW, he is precious.
Thanks for keeping us focused on being led by the Holy Spirit! I am always amazed by the plans He has for you.
hey girl...i didn't realize you had posted anything...it wasn't updating on my sidebar either. braxton is too precious. you are so sweet and so amazing...i talk about you to trey all the time. i sooo miss you! thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. enjoy your mini vacay...you so deserve it!!! :)
Well, as I sit here crying...I realize how lucky of a person I am to have you, B, and little nuggey in my life. It would only be fitting of you to leave out the important details when you told me this story, but I am proud of you for giving her the pictures even though I know that it was a hard thing to do! You are one strong woman. I only wish that I was as strong as you. Braxton loves you....you have come into his life and changed it forever. It is because of you, that this little boy has a chance....for that, he will forever be thankful....God smiles on you Paige Brumley!!!
Post a Comment