It's just 3 years but to us that's an enormous accomplishment. From a statistical standpoint we could be one of the 50% but we aren't. Why do I think we aren't???
First of all, we are completely unconditional. When i say that i don't mean just when it's comfortable, i mean even when it hurts. Even when pride wants to take over and be the winner we try so hard to not let it get in the way.
Secondly, we have a support system that goes beyond anything we could possibly imagine. We have the most amazing set of friends and family who have stood by us and prayed for us and made us laugh when we thought the world around us was falling. We take advice from two of the oddest people in the world. A 20 year old whose been married for a whole month and her now husband who have spent many nights at the church counseling us after the kids had left or on the phone for hours helping us work through our issues and being completely open and honest with us about theirs. This is something we never thought would happen but man what a blessing they have been to us (thanks PJ and Lauren we love you more than you will ever know!)
The final and most important we serve a God who is greater than anything we have ever dealt with. One who can walk on water and calm the seas. A Father who holds our hearts in His hands but is willing to discipline us when we need it too. A Father who went beyond all comprehension to show us each other and allow us to grow and come together loving each other in His grace.
The last three years have been crazy, wonderful, scary and worth the ride. My husband is so much more than i ever could have imagined. He is my everything. Watching him this weekend with Turner confirmed all that i could ever have doubted. He is the most gentle, passionate and caring person that i have ever met. He loves me beyond all my faults and is filled with a grace that only can come from God. Thank you B for being my rock and for being my love. You will never understand what goes through my mind when i think of you but know that you will forever be mine. I love you so much!
3 comments:
Congratulations on year #3. These days I think it's something to be very proud of because so many people just walk away when it gets too hard. If you have to walk away, walk outside and take a breath and then walk back inside to work it out. You guys are great for each other and will be together forever.
Happy anniversary!!! Congrats to you guys! Can you believe I didn't even know this blog existed until just now!!! I always check out the Cakes & Creations blog!!!! I'm such a dork! I'll add you to my list though!!!
Hey there!! I found your page through Christina's. How are you?? I miss you and your fun, crazy personality.
Post a Comment