Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Haley and Mary Ann!

Today is Mary Ann and Haley's birthday so here's a post to them!

Haley and I have been sisters since she was 3 (we celebrated her second birthday together) and I was 7. It was quite the rough road for us. We fought so bad. Blood, tears, yelling. You name it we had it. Not to mention we were both used to being the only girls in the family. We had our good moments when we loved each other. I remember watching Wee Sing in Sillyville back in the day and we would sing and dance for hours! We had so much fun. Then there was the time that Wes and I were babysitting her and well she wanted to call her mom because we were being mean and we wouldn't let her. Oh that was a horrible day! I almost forgot about South Padre and the french toast with powdered sugar and the time her horse took off with her down the beach. All in all it was a great childhood. I have memories that will last forever!

(Love this picture. Notice three things, Brandon is doing his own thing and I'm trying to get him to listen, Wes and Dad are like whatever lets just take the freaking picture and Haley is telling Michael how it is, where's Shawn anybody seen Shawn. That's our family...all dysfunctional!)


Follow me to now. Haley and I are grown, married and we have REAL jobs now. We hardly see each other any more but are more than ever still very much sisters.

If you know anything about Haley she is an incredible person. She has grown up to be such a hard worker, she has learned a lot about life and has had her fair share of troubles but she is the sweetest, most respectful person I know. She is incredibly talented - sister can decorate like no other, she can put on an event in high fashion, she has an amazing fashion sense and to top it all off she's absolutely beautiful. She is my sister and I love her so much.

Haley bug, I'm so proud of the woman you've become. Thank you for all the memories over the years and I know there will be many more. You are my little sister and I am honored that even though there is no blood we share that you love me just the same. I know you don't always see it but you are amazingly beautiful. You are awesome! Love you!

Such silly girls!

Then there's Mary Ann, Juice and I were roommates in college and are now great friends. If you ever need someone to talk to, love you unconditionally or just have fun with this is your girl! She is a wonderful mother and wife and an amazing friend. As with all roommates we had our share of moments "where are my clothes that were in the dryer?", "is that smoke i smell?", "please teach us to harmonize.", "wanna go run?", "i'm so sleepy, do you smell gas?", the list goes on and on.

Mary Ann is quite the homemaker. She cooks, sews the cutest shoes and can multitask with the kids like none other. She has the most beautiful voice, when we would be cleaning I would turn on the music just to hear her sing. She brought me around to the Gaithers. Oh I just love the Gaithers now.

The best part of Mary Ann is her family. She has the most precious kids. Tripp and Taylor are the cutest things you will ever see. I always tell her that I will spoil them until we get our own. Not to mention the rest of the family. Her husband, parents and in-laws on all sides are amazing. I always wished I could be a part of that family and the crazy thing is that they let me in!!! We are always around when the Dailey-Doggett-Ramsey clan get together for a birthday or whatever. It's always a hoot.

Thanks Juice for always being there. Sometimes I just needed to vent and you listened other times I needed your opinion. Thank you for always being a part of my life even when I wasn't the best friend ever. You mean the world to me and I could never repay you for the love you've shown me! Love you!
Thanks girls for all the memories. I hope you both have a wonderful birthday! LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

Shelley said...

What an awesome post!! I kept wanting it to go on. I've heard so much about each one over the last 3 years it feels like I know them.

Hope you guys had fun!!

Shelley said...

OCTOBER 1!! COME ON ALREADY. I want to read some more. Your fans demand recent news. Or cakes. I'm still checking both.

Cari said...

Thanks for commenting on our blog...you found us so quickly! I'll add you to our list so we can be updated when you write. By the way, I had NO clue you were such a talented cake maker. You go girl. It was great seein you a couple of weekends ago!!! We miss you guys and everyone at Oasis...take care!

-Cari

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...